Friday, January 2, 2009

The Ice House
















So we went to check out the Ice House..
This really cool ice skating rink
here in Abilene that was open
last year, too, we just never made
it. Remington was very excited.
She has seen ice skating several
times on tv and thought it would
be wonderful. Well, we all got a pair
of skates and hit the ice.
Literally, hit the ice. Poor baby
girl more than we did. Then a man says,
"Mam, they have those double bladed things
that buckle onto her shoes that might be better
for her." Well, holy moly man! Did the guy
who gave me the skates for my little never
before ice-skating 4year old not think that
might be good? We got the skates changed
out and it was much better, for Remington.
I told Clint that I had ice skated at the
Galleria in Ft. Worth a few times over my
lifetime. But OH MY GOSH! I DO NOT
remember my feet feeling like they were
giving birth while I was trying not to fall
and bust my kiester! We both had to take
very frequent breaks, like after ONE TIME
around the rink! We ended up feeling a lot
better after a little while and had lots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo Julie. Way to go with the blog. ONe way to improve your pictures is to sharpen them. Do you have photo editing software on your computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie...this looks GREAT! I love it! You are going to become an addict like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete