Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Roundup Time!

I never attended the Rattlesnake Roundup before moving here to Sweetwater and I am happy to say that this year we will be out of town for it! Just the thought of all those rattling snakes in one area gives me the willies! I mean I know they are "contained" and the people have been doing this for years. However, I do not feel the need to subject myself to the noise and smell of these creatures just to get a funnel cake and homemade lemonade. I shall wait for the West Texas Fair and Rodeo to come back to Abilene, Thank you very much. BUt.... in honor of the "Roundup" there was a parade. Remington's little friend, Caleb, asked her to ride in it and throw candy. She, without giving it a moment's thought, of course said "YES!" Caleb's grandpa is running to be re-elected to Nolan County judge. They had a great time. Also riding and pictured here are Easton and Ruger, more of Little Miss' friends from school and church.

1 comment:

  1. Rattlesnake roundup is a once in a lifetime experience...you only need to experience once to know that you never need to do it again!

    ReplyDelete