Monday, August 17, 2009

Classroom Readiness

Isn't it funny how high school teachers, (ie. Clint) never understand what in the world we elementary teachers DO all the time at school getting ready for the first day? I kind of envy them putting up a poster or two and calling their room "ready." hehehe But I COULD NOT teach those boy crazed, girl watching, no homework bringing, smart-mouthed, I like you today, I'll hate you tomorrow, chemistry taking, Algebra taking, pain in the kiester high school kids. So I'll keep hanging my bulletin boards, putting up cute little borders around everything, writing names on every blooming thing they bring and then some, making sure we know how to stand in line, and how to play nicely with others anyday! School starts Monday, Meet the Teacher is Thursday.... my room isn't ready... YIKES! Does anyone have a magic wand I can borrow? :)

1 comment:

  1. ooooohhhh.... i love this time of year! i wish i lived closer and i'd help you get your room ready. it's one of the things i miss most about teaching.

    granny used to come up every year and help me get my classroom ready. but the time i left, we had it down to an art!

    ReplyDelete