Friday, July 31, 2009

Look what I made!!

So it's official... Remi is REALLY going to school next year!! ;-( She is looking forward to it so much and so am I but oh it makes me so sad, too. Preschool, yes, but she still needed a nap mat. So my sweet Grammy came for three days to help me make one. She does all the figuring and I do the sewing. That's why I don't sew more... there's too much math involved! My brother can attest to how that subject is my, well let's just say, "weakest" area shall we? But we had a great time making this thing and I am so proud! It came out just as I had hoped. And Remi slept in it last night!












Sweet soft leopard on one side and bright colorful flowers on the other. The one I liked online was $200 so I wasn't about to spend that! We made this one for under $100.












My Grammy knew all about cutting the material diagonal for the "bias" which made an adorable binding around the edge.
















It buttons closed and has a handle for easy carrying.












And with the scraps I was able to make this sweet little dress for Remi, too. A very productive couple of days!!





No comments:

Post a Comment