Tuesday, December 8, 2009

God's Plan

So Sunday we joined Trinity Baptist Church here in Sweetwater. We have been visiting for months. I don't know if I was waiting for Clint to say, "Let's join," or for us to make the journey back to Abilene every Sunday to be with our sweet friends at Pioneer Drive or... I don't know what. It is a very sweet church, everyone is very welcoming, Remington is attending choir...... But............. i don't know. It doesn't feel like "home" yet. But I know with time it will. We were at Pioneer for 10 years and made lots of good relationships so it will take longer than a few months to have that here. I know that. I know this is God's plan for us to be here. I know. On this day I am thankful for a great place to worship, and the prospect of new friends... but I am also extremely aware of the sting of moving and leaving what we had. Call me a creature of habit, someone who doesn't like change, sceptic, whatever you like. I just know that no matter how uncomfortable it may be at times and how much we want to let God in on "our plan ," it is important, and crucial, we listen to what he has for us.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment